Leadership's Eight Characteristics from 2 Pet. 1:5-11
Leadership Development Priorities
United Brethren Church In Canada
2010 - 2015
1. Leadership objectives
- Context, roles and expectations.
- Identifying, equipping, and mentoring current and new leaders.
- Empowerment, ownership/accountability and recognition/reward ??? motivation - coaching.
- Growth and contribution.
- Outward connection ??? leading others to lead people to Christ.
- Succession planning, workload balance, gaps and rotation.
2. Leadership skills
- Kingdom building ??? Scripturally based
- Authenticity/candor/self-awareness - maturity.
- Relational Intelligence ??? stories, energy, conversational.
- Listening, communication and perception skills ??? balancing grace and truth.
- Authority and followership.
- How to deal with people ??? giving feedback/receiving feedback.
- Staffing teams and balance of skills.
- Believing in other people and developing them.
3. How do we develop leaders?
- Education, development, goals and measures.
- Clarity of roles and expectations.
- Giving opportunities to lead.
- What are the best models?
- Succession planning and next generation.
- Ensure people are ???centered??? in what they do ??? knowledge and obedience.
- Enable and coach the youth to develop their leaders ??? start early.
4. Measures of success
- What gets measured gets done